On May 14, 2019 at 6:00pm, a very large loggerhead sea turtle came ashore on Bonita Beach to nest in daylight…a wonderful opportunity to observe these marvelous marine animals as the construct their nest, lay the eggs and then cover them! Beach-goers maintained a respectful distance so the turtle would not be disturbed.
Turtle Talk Blog
- CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)
- Endangered Species Research
- Inwater Research Group
- Lake Jackson Ecopassage
- Marinelife Center of Juno Beach
- Mote Marine Laboratory - Sea Turtle Research
- NMFS/NOAA Office of Protected Resources
- NOAA Fisheries Office of Protected Species: Loggerhead Sea Turtles
- Padre Island Sea Turtle, Inc.
- Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation
- Sea Turtle Conservancy
- Sea Turtle Preservation Society
- WIDECAST (Wider Caribbean Sea Turtle Conservation Network)
A daytime turtle…so exciting!
May 14, 2019|Volunteer Turtle Patrols